OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD (BUYER & SELLER)

(combined Hardware and Tubes forum). For regular members only with minimum 50 posts. Please read Guidelines before posting

Moderator: dante

Postby Mamimili » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:37 pm

Superman wrote:
Mamimili wrote:
Fourplay wrote:Seller: marty_e

Rating: 5

Item/s auditioned: Harbeth speakers (I forgot the model)

Comments:

I just met him once, but he trusted me to home audition such excellent speakers. Gave great pointers, too, to bring out the best of these speakers. :D

I was lisening to some Harbeth speakers last week in Singapore, but only for about 5 minutes as some guy walked in, listened for about 30 seconds and purchased them! Maybe he thought i was going to buy :lol:
They sounded alive but laid back, sorry thats the best i can say right now as i only heard them for such a short time.
I have no idea what model, but large bookshelf. Congratulations!

Maybe the Super HL5 or the Compact 7 ES3, Paul

Maybe the Super (thanks Superman) but i doubt the Compact as they were a little taller and wider than a SF EAII. No way i can check that particular pair, i am sure the new owner is enjoying them!
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby soundpurist » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:08 pm

Hardwares:

Elmo and John of What Hi fi - 4
Very friendly, accomodating, walang hangin, know very well their stuffs and both have lots of patience. I was so impressed the first time I approached Elmo in late 2004. We have a number of transactions and so far very nice to deal with( not to mention extended payment terms :lol: :lol: :lol:)Madaling kausap! The guys will reach places. :)

Melvin Chua - 4
Very warm and anytime willing to accomodate you in his nice music room for a listen. Melvin talks straight to the point with his always ready printed reviews of his MF products. Gives me reasonable price and easy terms. :)

JR of LIS - 4
The guy is always busy, but finds time to accomodate me when in their store. Even thru phone, he entertained my queries. Allows me to bring units for audition. Gives me good &reasonable value for trade ins, good payment terms and excellent after sales service so far.

Eric of Audio Den/ Dimension - 4
Warm and very accomodating and easy to deal with. He shares insights and ideas finely on the products. Has one of the best system presentation anytime in his music room (from araneta to his new in rockwell). Only sells high quality used or sealed LPs. :) Gives me good terms. :)

Vinyls:

Raffy/ Boytoy - 4
Accurate gradings, very friendly, my source of audiophile jazz, fair price, keeps me updated thru phone :) and unlimited number of reservation days :lol:

Ronald- 4
Only from him I got my most searched and rare to find LP, agree- a walking encyclopedia in 60s to 80s pop and rock, galing talaga! Fair price at mabait. :) He provided me most of my pop/ standard LPs.

Boby - 4
Just like Ronald, parang music encyclopedia din. Accomodates me well and gives me reasonable price. Most of my rock LPs are from him.

Jen- Superman - 4
Only met him once- last year's hifi show. Very professional to deal with. Updates me thru phone, and all I got are true to his gradings.
soundpurist
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Mamimili » Sat May 03, 2008 12:57 pm

Sinar. 1 :D 2 :D 3 :D 4 :D
A pair of AT headshells. Great condition, as described.

A kick start for my headshell collection.

Thanks Jeanne :D
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby mrquery » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:32 pm

ctlim: 1 (if negative does not apply)

Item: CJ PV-12AL

Comments: This member audition my item for sale at the comfort of his condo. Where I was the one who brought my item for him to audition. After auditioning and not giving final decision I haven't heard from him. And when he told me his into ARC I decided to post my item at WS.

Then when I finally post my item here he insist to buy my item loosing my transaction to other reserved parties. And to top it all, this member has the guts to call off the deal and tell me his not interested anymore.
mrquery
Citizen
Citizen

Postby ctlim » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:48 pm

deleted my reply.

you know what really happened, just be man enough to face whom you accuse.
ctlim
Citizen
Citizen

Postby trauma » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:36 pm

deleted din what i quoted. hehe

Bro ctlim sabi nga ni Neil Young - "... a kinder, gentler machine gun hand"

oy, sayang that reply mo bro. deleted na just in time i posted.
trauma
Citizen
Citizen

Postby ctlim » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:31 am

hahaha thanks jonathan. :D
ctlim
Citizen
Citizen

Postby marty_e » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:25 pm

Ctlim/Mrquery would you both like to hear my version?
marty_e
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby audiostar » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:31 pm

May I kindly request that you just PM one another - mods
audiostar

Location: audio nirvana st., speakers corner ave. music city, mars

Postby marty_e » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:36 pm

audiostar wrote:May I kindly request that you just PM one another - mods

This is a thread on giving feedback to buyers and sellers. I was a potential buyer of mrquery's item and i do have feedback to give despite the conflicting opinions of both. As an objective third party, I can offer my view of the events that could enlighten board members on how things went.

Should I PM this to all?
marty_e
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby audiostar » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:40 pm

Okay bro you can post, but as long as it will not cause further animosity to those involved - mods
audiostar

Postby kabubi » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:42 pm

marty_e wrote:
audiostar wrote:May I kindly request that you just PM one another - mods

This is a thread on giving feedback to buyers and sellers. I was a potential buyer of mrquery's item and i do have feedback to give despite the conflicting opinions of both. As an objective third party, I can offer my view of the events that could enlighten board members on how things went.

Should I PM this to all?

i'd love to hear it, Marty.
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby handyboy » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:50 pm

yup. post it as long as its the truth. Pm is like lobbying.
handyboy
Pound for Pound

Postby michael corleone » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:02 pm

Do it Marty, we want to hear your side.
michael corleone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby marty_e » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:11 pm

audiostar wrote:Okay bro you can post, but as long as it will not cause further animosity to those involved - mods

Thank you for kind indulgence, Mr Moderator

I contact the seller Sunday before lunch to make arrangements to inspect the item. I am familiar with CJ so i say, no need to audition. I attempt to negotiate the price so we can firm this up before we both make the effort to meet up. Before seller responds with a negotiated price, he then quickly tells me that a prior deal was sealed at the asking price. Thus, there SEEMS to be an implication that the price is firm to me. Seller says he's facing a dilemma on how to proceed due to his prior commitment and he needs to consult. i inform mrquery that I have no interest in conducting business with him.

As it turns out, CTLim and mrquery had ongoing negotiations prior to posting the item for sale. One party says the deal was consummated, the other says item is still available as of Sunday noon. One party kindly requests that I stand aside and let him acquire the item since he had made the deal prior and was at a loss as to why seller posted it anyway. I tell him, regardless of my standing as first in line, there are others in the queue so he would not be able to readily acquire the item anyway. WS RULES APPLY. How difficult is that?

Before mrquery and I settle the matter, CTLim calls me to inform me of the status of their prior deal.

This evening CTLim calls me to air his side and bottom line is - they had a misunderstanding and it seems to still be unresolved.

These are my best efforts to recount the transaction as best as I can with little as possible speculation and conjecture. I have a few more comments but that extends beyond objectivity.

mrquery, CTlim did not cause you to lose your sale - you did. It would not have been difficult for me to acquire this but you chose to hesitate. Take this constructively.

CTLim please avoid continued attempts to circumvent forum rules. You know what I'm talking about. Take this constructively.

I, as well, am open to constructive criticism If i did nto handle this post responsibly. I am NOT trying to sow intrigue but am merely giving feedback on a transaction that did not suit me.

Please conduct your business on this site with transparency, integrity and courtesy to one another. We may not know each other personally but this is a small town. Your reputation as a business person may not perpetually be shrouded by your log in name...

Padrino, handyboy, kabubs ayan na po! :D
Last edited by marty_e on Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marty_e
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby ctlim » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:06 pm

Thanks for airing your thoughts Marty and I hope we came to an understanding last night.

For the record, I am not trying to break the rules. My side was based on a person to person discussion with this guy. It is to my knowledge that WS has rules that encompass reservations at other sites and now (as I have learned the hard way) even personal transactions made earlier.

What happened when the seller decided to post and sell his item due to his claim that he "assumed" the outcome of a conversation is his doing. For the record, I will never deal or be interested in any item this person will or could be selling in the future.
ctlim
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Raf » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:18 pm

audiostar wrote:Okay bro you can post, but as long as it will not cause further animosity to those involved - mods
Last edited by Raf on Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raf
Fanatic
Fanatic

Location: If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you

Postby stereophile » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:59 pm

Guys, cool down. I've been following this thread and sifting through the posts here and in other fora were the above item was offered for sale. Therein lies the problem. Which forum post then has priority? It should have been made clear before posting for sale in WS that the items is also being offered for sale in other fora AND that it is currently under audition by a potential buyer.

To sellers, I suggest that you state which forum has priority when posting in different fora. Usually, if an item is posted in WS, then reservations in WS have priority over other fora.

I understand, that when it comes to auditioning expensive gears, some time is needed by the potential buyer to decide. I think it is best that the seller specify the time frame and conditions involved for the audition(audition in seller's house? Home audition by buyer?, etc.). These are easily agreed upon from the beginning between buyer & seller.

Transparency of the transaction is also important. Other potential buyers should be made aware that the item is currently on audition, so that while waiting, they may consider other prospects.

Getting back to the CJ pre...

mrquery- Is it still up for sale in WS? Since ctlim & marty_e have backed out, who is next in-line? Have the other potential buyers in WS contacted you? Are you going to prioritize the remaining reservations here in WS vs the other fora? Pls. post your reply to carify.

To those who are next in-line, are you pursuing your reservation?-moderator
stereophile
vinyl junkie

Postby keith » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:02 pm

Patalastas lang po (for troporobo and mamimili - translation: "just a short commercial") amid all the controversy ... I realized just now that I haven't rated any of the individuals I have had the pleasure of dealing with over the years ...

Architectural Audio - 4 stars
* always accomodating, never hard sell, and products carried are always top notch. Purchased from them: Audience cables, Oyaide cables, 47 Labs OTA cables, Shig transport and DAC, HK receiver, JBL in ceiling speakers.

pican - 4 stars
* thank you for going into analogue and allowing me to get what was left of your cd collection (medyo madami rin nga pa la yun :p)

boytoy - 4 stars
* I finally acquired some much sought after cds care of boytoy.

vinylism - 4 stars
* again, a great source of cds

jadis - 4 stars
* although one of the prime vinyl sellers, I have bought some excellent cds from Phil. I still am trying to get Phil to sell me some of his hard to find cds. C'mon Phil! Maybe for that simple reason I should rate him 1 star :P

hypertriode - 4 stars
* everyone's bro, he never fails to impress. Purchased: Sun Audio 2A3; JE 45 and JE 300B.

JackD - 10 stars
* my ultimate sulsultant is also my biggest benefactor. Some of his hand-me-downs I get for free. :D

John Martin - 4 stars
* I almost forgot Patrick SF. Got my relatively hard to find 6N6P tubes from him. :-) Needless to say, THANK YOU!!! I need to change these tubes annually upon Vladimir's recommendation.

Killer Mike - 4 stars
* his acrylic covers speak for themselves :-)
Last edited by keith on Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
keith
walastick

Postby audiostar » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:21 pm

Raf wrote:

Audiostar, your comment up there is not consistent with freedom of speech but closer to censorship....hmmmm

Whats up with that unrequested granting of permission you just made? Do we need to ask your permission to post here, sir?

Animosity is many times an unavoidable stage in the forward movement towards conflict resolution but I'm sure you know that, lets not belabor the point. We are not tender children to be sheltered or faint hearted

improvement of transaction processes and conflict resolution number among many of the different goals of this thread...

As far as I know, the transaction happened in another forum,, to be specific, the Pinoybazzar. What has WS got to do with a transaction that happened outside its premises? To make matters worst, the seller posted the same item at WS. The problem became complicated when the seller posted his feedback against the buyer at WS in a transaction which happened in the other forum. This is why I stated in my reply to settle the problem between them via pm so as not to drag WS into the whole mess. I later found out that Marty became involved when he bought the item which was also posted at WS. This the very reason why I said he could post as long as it would not cause further animosity between the warring party. What is wrong with trying to prevent verbal sparks?

The posts were deleted by the parties involved, thank God. The posts were full of expletives, to say the least.

Just don't drag WS into a fight which happened outside. I hope I have made my point clear.
audiostar

PreviousNext

Return to MARKETPLACE - Audio Hardware