Difference bet $12,000 Goldmund & $200 Pioneer dvd????

Music as represented in 1's and 0's. Discuss anything pertaining to D hardware - CD, DVD, SACD, DAC, etc.

Re: Difference bet $12,000 Goldmund & $200 Pioneer dvd??

Postby conspicuous » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:01 am

what's the circular component on the lower left? torroidal transformer? this seems to be the $11,800 part that makes the difference between the two :lol: :lol:

it also costs money for the imaginative brochure and hiring of silver tongued sales and marketing to convince buyers to justify their purchase :)
conspicuous
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby arnoldc » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:49 am

OEM is not a new thing, 60's pa lang uso na yan.

How much royalty did Pioneer got from this venture?

Ang tanong ko is, do they sound the same?

Some manufacturers make a lot of modification, in parts, in circuits, etc.

The next question is (assuming the Goldmund sounds superior), does the price difference is worth FOR YOU, the consumer. If it is, then there's no issue.

ps.

Did you know that the KW phono pre was a direct implementation from an Analog Devices application note?
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby al » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:06 am

Townshend and Mcormack ganyan din,Pioneer universal player DNA.
al
Citizen
Citizen

Postby trauma » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:24 pm

this Goldmund - Pioneer bit is the very reason why I always advice to listen before parting with your money. $12,000 is serious cash that can feed 5 families in Payatas for one year.

Sure there is a sound difference between them because they have some components that are not found in the other.

But beware. Always ask yourself if the price jump justifies the improvement or is the improvement at all perceptible.

If you have to, as had been suggested, "concentrate very hard" to be able to notice the slight air that might have come from the batting eyelashes of Stacey Kent or that sound of spit when michael Brecker blows on his horn then maybe you should just hold on to your precious pesos until a player comes along and sweeps you off your feet and blows you away.

I own an LG DVD player that I use to play audio CDs because I have judged it to be comparable to any pricier piece.

I have had opportunities in the past to sit in leisure listening to Cd players like NAD, Wadia, Cambridge, exposure, Audio Note, etc.
trauma
Citizen
Citizen

Postby accastil » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:16 am

oh s**t! no wonder ive been enjoying my 636 universal player lately more than any other cd players ive heard and ive owned.

kainis to ah.
accastil
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Difference bet $12,000 Goldmund & $200 Pioneer dvd????

Postby Billnugen » Sun May 29, 2022 5:02 pm

Hello. Anyone interested in Goldmund Telos 400 monoblocks? Still in perfect conditions with all the original boxes and foams, etc.
Let me know. Willy: 0999 999 4170.
Billnugen

Previous

Return to Digital