Dared Tube amp / Kingrex and Trends T-amp / JB3

Forum for distributors of audio hardware. Please maintain only one thread per distributor.

Moderators: vintage_dog, dante

Dared Tube amp / Kingrex and Trends T-amp / JB3

Postby Ches » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:00 am

Dared

from the company website: http://www.daredtube.com

Dared is founded in 1995 originally majored in transformer design and manufacture. In 1996 with the support and encouragement from HiFi
loudspeaker fans, we put a series of vacuum tube amplifier into market and they were well welcomed in market.

We bring in the modern equipment and technology,we keep our products superior to other same type products in performance and outlook.

After ten years's deploitation, Dared has attained a big share in the same market. These achievements and success should be attributed to our enterprise's motto:“ Creation depending on Hi-tech,excellent quality, reasonable price”

We will keep the continuity in manufacturing and developing best product to meet customer's need!

MP-5

Hybrid mini amplifier with USB DAC (works like external sound card for pc), heaphone amp,

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION:

MAX OUTPUT POWER:13W PER CHANNEL

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20Hz~20KHz±1.5dB DISTORTION:≤0.5%

SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO:≥86dB

INPUT SENSITIVITY:300mV INPUT

IMPEDANCE:100K Ω

OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 4 Ω /8 Ω

SIZE: L260xW145xH130mm

WEIGHT:4.3Kg/set

THE TUBE USED: 6N1(ECC85)x2, 6E2(EM87)x1

Reviews: (the u.s. version uses 12ax7 preamp tubes)

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue24/dared_mp5.htm

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/e ... ed_mp5.htm

SRP. P 9,800.00

MP-15

INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER (SINGLE-END CLASS A)

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION:

MAX OUTPUT POWER:18W PER CHANNEL

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20Hz~20KHz±1.5dB

DISTORTION:≤2%

SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO:≥86dB

INPUT SENSITIVITY:230mV

INPUT IMPEDANCE:100K ohm

OUTPUT IMPEDANCE:4 ohm/8 ohm

SIZE: L340xW290xH160mm

WEIGHT:11Kg/set

THE TUBE USED: KT94(KT88,KT90,KT100)x2, 12ax7x2, 12au7x2, 6E2(EM87)x1

SRP. P 25,800.00

VP-16

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:

INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER (PUSH-PULL)

MAX OUTPUT POWER: 18W PER CHANNEL

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20-20KHz (±1.5dB)

DISTORTION: ≤2%

SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO: ≥82dB

INPUT SENSITIVITY: 350mV

INPUT IMPEDANCE: 100K ohm

OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 4 ohm/8 ohm

SIZE: L320 X W240 X H150 MM

WEIGHT: 10.0Kgs/set

THE TUBE USED: 6P6P(6V6)x4,6N9P(6SL7)X2

Review

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/dared2/vp16.html

SRP. P 15,800.00

VP-20

INTEGRATED/POWER QUASI-MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIER (PUSH-PULL)

MAX OUTPUT POWER: 18W

DISTORTION: ≤1%

SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO: ≥85dB

SIZE: L285 X W140 X H140 MM

WEIGHT: 11.0Kgs/Pair

THE TUBE USED: 6P3P(6L6G)x4,12AX7x2,12AU7x2

Review: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/dared3/vp20.html

SRP. P 22,800.00

VP-300B

QUASI-MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIER (SINGLE-END CLASS A)

MAX OUTPUT POWER: 9W PER CHANNEL

DISTORTION: ≤2%

SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO: ≥85dB

SIZE: L285 × W140 × H170 MM

WEIGHT: 15.0Kgs/Pair

THE TUBE USED: 12AU7x4,300BX2

Review: http://www.goodsound.com/equipment/dare ... vp300b.htm

SRP. P 29,800.00

SL-2000A

PRE-AMPLIFIER WITH REMOTE-CONTROL (CLASS A)

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 10-30KHz (±0.5dB)

DISTORTION: ≤0.05%

SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO: ≥84dB

SIZE: L285 X W140 X H140 MM

WEIGHT: 4.0Kgs

THE TUBE USED: 5Z4Px1,12AT7x2

SRP. P 14,800.00

Kingrex

Kingrex T20u T-amp

T20 U AMP –Blue Moon Award

2007(http://www.6moons.com/archivelibrary/bma2007.html) Tube Sound USB Tripath (Class T) AMP ~6 moons Sept 2007 KingRex T20 U AMP is basically the same Class T (based Tripath Technology) 20 Watt integrated amplifier with an onboard USB interface and DAC (digital to analog converter). The convenience for digital life is all we looking for but without any unexpected noise and distortion of your favorite music.

Why KingRex design the T20 U?

Nowadays, the computer is ubiquitous in many people daily life. But why the Hi Fi audio equipment still only in music lover’s living room not just next to their PC? Although the all the PC could handle multi-media display very well. However, the sound card or the audio chip is for 5.1 or 7.1 using. It’s good for movie seeing or game playing but can not provide the purity sound for the audiophile, especially the unexpected noise and distortion. The KingRex T20 U could get the digital signal directly from your computer with built-in USB interface and DAC (digital-analog converter). There will be no chance to inflicted noise and distortion so you only able to hear the authentic music no less and no more .

Key Feature
Based on Tripath TA-2020-020 DPP chip. KingRex T20 AMP is capable of 2 * 20 Watts at 4 Ohms with 80% energy efficiency. The heart of the T20 U DAC is the Burr-Brown PCM2702E which a 32/44.1/48 KHz ready 16-bit stereo DAC with USB interface, on chip clock generator, 8 times oversampling digital interpolation filter and analog output low-pass filter. The low-pass filters, the analog two-channel signals are handed over to the Burr-Brown OPA2604 op amp acts as output stage preamp. It also functions as a low-pass filter, taking out the residual digital garbage and turns the audio signals into more analogue sounding stream. A pair of TL072 low noise dual JFET op amps are assigned to the DC servo circuit for sure the audio signals are clear. The T20 U has one set of line input and one set of USB interface, both the input sockets and toggle switch are located on the rear panel to keep the front panel as clean as the T20. Input selection is electronically executed by a relay.

Reviews:

http://6moons.com/audioreviews/kingrex2/u.html

http://www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/kingrext20_e.html

http://6moons.com/audioreviews/kingrex/t20.html

SRP. P 10,800.00

PSU

(reseverd power supply unit to compare with T20 AMP or T20 U AMP)

Why KingRex design the special optional power supply unit?

Of course for providing better sound stage~ This optional power supply unit feature a 48VA toroidal transformer coupled to a full fledged regulatory circuit with eight audio grade aluminum electrolytic capacitors: 5 x 2200uF at AC input stage and 3 x 4700uF at DC output stage. The PSU provides abundan t reserve to meet the demand when low frequency transients draw on high-current voltage. To quote 6moons again: “When the PSUs were added to the pot musicality thickened. There was more warm air illing up a more expansive soundstage. Bass got deeper the midrange turned proportionally more pronounced to make the overall harmonics even richer.” Or as August 2007Hi Fi World magazine: Consequently, I felt this was as good a time as any to switch to the upgrade PSU, which ad been sat beside the T20 on the shelf quietly warming up, and this improved things by quite a decent margin. A proper image appeared with depth, a good scale and nice sense of atmosphere.

Pre-amp

6moons blue moon award KingRex Pre-Amp: "The Most Compact Preamplifier Embodying Value & Performance"

PRE-AMP FEATURES

(1) The Pre-Amp is designed to use two sources. Each source is selected automatically depending on which is outputing the signal. Switching is carried out via a high quality relay. When using two sources ensure that the one not being used is muted or turned off.

(2) Pre-Amp uses a low noise FET input OP-AMP. The highly-regarded and expensive OPA627 is used as the main OP-AMP, with a BUF634 increasing the current output. The addition of a DC servo circuit enables the elimination of sound degrading coupling capacitors, resulting in a purer and more accurate representation of the original source.

(3) A built-in 'diamond buffer' stage is added at the input to increase the dynamic range of Pre-Amp.

(4) High quality gold-anodized phono input and output sockets are used.

(5) KingRex PRE-AMP is equipped with an 8VA toroidal transformer and a pair of National LM317T voltage regulators, delivering 13V/0.3A DC current to the circuit board.

Review: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/kingrex2/u_3.html

SRP. 15,800.00

Trends TA-10.1 (T-amp)

Trends Audio introduces the mini-size Class-T stereo amplifier TA-10 providing up to 2x15W@4ohms, 2x10W@8ohms output with the bundled AC power supply unit. Thanks to the Tripath's proprietary Class-T Digital Power Processing (TM) technology and our special techniques in circuit design and component selection, TA-10 achieves the sound quality of high-end HiFi but in a very affordable price.

TA-10 performs very like Class-AB amplifiers with high fidelity and warm sound. Yet, its power efficiency and physical size is just like Class-D amplifiers. Even it's maximum output power is only 2x15W, TA-10 is actually powerful to push even the floor-stand speakers with sufficient and good control of bass sound. It has no problem for normal home use purpose.

6moons blue moon award: Demystifying the highend halo and bringing music back to earth.

Reviews http://www.trendsaudio.com/EN/Reviews/Reviews.htm

SRP. P 6,800.00

John Blue JB3

JohnBlue JB3 is 3 inch full range book shelf speaker.Hi-End quality soundstage speaker in tiny size is good for office or small space using.It will also be good for PCuser to set up in from of their desk as upgraded audio system

Characteristic
JB3 is the latest creation of JohnBlue Audio Art Taiwan 2007.Its diminutive trunk finished by 1mm thickness Piano-Gloss-Lacquer on strong MDF construction with a sliver proprietary damping material.The driver designed with one phase cone and whizzer which could reaching high up frequency range easily.The bass reflex design could provide some expansive soundstage both depth and width.The sound image is clean and smooth .The twin copper binding posts are in excellent quality which is made by pure solid core copper with golden plated and special antirust to avoid oxidation.

Appearance
Dimensions H x W x D:208 x 129 x188mm
Trunk:Strong MDF construction 1mm thickness Piano Gloss Lacquer.

Specification
Wiring:All internal wiring are done with Pure Solid Core Copper by gold plated with antirust processing
Driver:3 inch full range driver with special resin cast waveguide,antifungus treaded paper cone designed by JohnBlue Audio Art.
Efficiency:87dB / W / m
Impendence:60Ohm
Max power:30 Watt
Weight:4.2kgs / pair(Net weight)

Review
http://www.tnt-audio.com/casse/jb3_e.html
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/johnblue/jb3.html

SRP. P 10,800.00

All items are available at:

Sights and Sounds Shangri-la Plaza Edsa
634-1789 to 90

and

Watt HIfi Makati Cinema square
Tel. 811-1883

Feel free to audition
(for kingrex you can audition in sights and sounds)
Last edited by Ches on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ches
Citizen
Citizen

Postby arnoldc » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:25 am

Are you an audio disributor and not doing this "for a friend?"
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby Ches » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:33 am

hi arnold, no im not doing this for a friend.
Ches
Citizen
Citizen

Postby teamdriver » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:33 pm

sir saan po store nyo?
teamdriver
Citizen
Citizen

SL-2000A

Postby mrquery » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:42 am

hello Ches,

People here at wiredsate are right that "once you go tube you'll never turn back" (or something like that). With that said, I am looking for a preamp and SL-2000A just fit right on the budget.

I was wondering if you allow home audition for this unit since I am most comfortable evaluating gears on my own yard.

ps. i am currently using as follows:

pre: adcom 565
power: muse model 100
cdp: CA 540C

call / text 09052451487 cris
mrquery
Citizen
Citizen

Postby mrquery » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:48 am

hello Ches,

tulog nako but before that, i would like to ask if the dared SL-2000A you offered is 2006 version?

I googled that there were several versions of this they are 2005 and 2006 version.

There were several interesting facts for 2006 version,

2006 Dared SL-2000A line-stage preamp has following features:

* SL-2000A adapts one of the best classic circuit designs utilizing a 4-pin 5Z4P (can use 4-pin 5Y3 or GZ30 too) rectifier tube (click to see) at power section.

* Power transformer is high quality "E-Core"

* Volume control is Analog-DC-motor-driven (remote control, A precision motorized Alps stepping attenuate) Japan made "ALPS" (one of the best volume pot today click to see)

* PCB is made of Gold (not silver, not copper, no point-to-point wire) - 2006 model only

* Tube sockets are with Gold contacts (not copper) - 2006 model only

* Key Resistors are AB- Allen Bradley NOS resistors (US-made) - 2006 model USA version exclusive only

* Coupling capacitors are "Auricap" capacitors, USA made (world finest capacitor, click to see) (only for this new release model) --- again please note this "Auricap" cap installation is USA version exclusive!

* Signal wires are pure silver (shield) (Why need those pure silver wires? If you paid $1000 interconnect cables, you will understand why and will be glad this amp uses pure silver wires to protect your investment on the cables) --- please note using pure silver signal wires is USA version exclusive!

* Lead-free solder, no messy/long wire, no thin wire jump connections on this amp.

* Two inputs (both are stereo, gold RCA-- the select switch is on side), and Two outputs (both are stereo)! Yes, it has two outputs (gold RCA) so now you can connect this preamp to your subwoofers or bi-amping --- USA version exclusive!

* Signal paths are shortest possible (I doubt if there is any other preamp with total length of signal path being shorter than this one), plus silver signal wires and gold PCB and gold tube sockets.

* Wooden radio remote control (2006 model has upgraded large wooden remote)

ARE THIS TRUE FOR MODEL POSTED ABOVE?

PS. will try to call watt hifi and sight & sound also
mrquery
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Ches » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:24 am

teamdriver wrote:sir saan po store nyo?

hi teamdriver I don't have a store for the audio gears. you can visit watt hifi or sights and sound to check and audition the items.

cris, I'll send you a pm.
Ches
Citizen
Citizen

Postby vintage_dog » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:24 am

i'd like to borrow the TA-10.1 and the MP-5.

let me know where i can get them.

thanks.
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby arnoldc » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:16 pm

Ches, please identify yourself and your store/company.
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby kabubi » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:53 pm

Mods,

in fairness to the others who have to comply with our policies such as Play Grading and the 50 post rule, i would just like to inquire whether this thread falls under the 50 post rule.

k
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby vintage_dog » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:42 am

Ches,

use of the forum requires that:

1. you have reached at least a minimum of 50 posts, OR

2. you are a legitimate dealer of audio gear BUT fully authorized by Admin or Moderators to open a thread here. since you have less than 50 posts, you are required to provide more details on your identity or dealership status.

if we don't hear from you soon, this thread will be locked or deleted.

also, please respond to my request above.

thanks

vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ches » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:01 am

hi sir arnold and VD pm sent.
Ches
Citizen
Citizen

Postby ctlim » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:42 pm

http://www.dtvforum.info/lofiversion/in ... 50380.html

good read for those thinking of getting the dared mp5! :D
ctlim
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Ches » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:39 pm

thanks for posting the link.
Ches
Citizen
Citizen

Postby RHYTHM SECTION » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:48 pm

vintage_dog wrote:i'd like to borrow the TA-10.1 and the MP-5.

let me know where i can get them.

thanks.

VD,available na sa Watt hifi,pls let me know when.
RHYTHM SECTION
Citizen
Citizen

Postby juric » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:19 am

hi ches,

aside from watt hi-fi, are there any other stores where these are available?

thanks!
juric
Citizen
Citizen

Postby muypogi » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:45 am

You should try the trends TA-10.1 amp. Have that in my office room paired with a Wharfedale 9 SR speaker set and it sounds pretty good. Does not compare to a big tube amp though, so think of it as stealthy and affordable way to get very good sound. . . I have my Trends stowed in the keyboard drawer of my desk. The only thing you see are the speakers and a short run of speaker wire. . .
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby alexg » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:00 am

Is the JB3 the only speakers you guys have from John Blue?

I am interested on the JB4, higher sensitivity speaker for my office. Thanks.
alexg
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Ches » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:16 am

juric wrote:hi ches,

aside from watt hi-fi, are there any other stores where these are available?

thanks!

hi juric, you can also visit sights and sounds at edsa shangrila.

hi alexg, for now we only have the jb3, the jb4 is around 25-30t we can order for you if your're really interested but last time i inquired it;s out of stock.
Ches
Citizen
Citizen

Postby alexg » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:27 am

Ches wrote:the jb4 is around 25-30t we can order for you if your're really interested but last time i inquired it;s out of stock.

Thanks.
alexg
Fanatic
Fanatic

Next

Return to AUDIO DISTRIBUTORS' MARKETPLACE